





It's a beautiful day here in Central Florida! The sky is a gorgeous blue and the temperature outside is very nice. Yesterday was a gorgeous day, too.
Because of our moderate climate, I have been able to grow tomatoes on my patio and have been overwhelmed with the success so far. A friend told me about Earth Boxes a while back so, I thought I'd give it a try. Sometime around the end of September, I made two boxes and planted two tomato plants in each. Right now I have over 3 dozen tomatoes in each box! We have had one tomato ripen on the vine, one that fell off the plant as I was staking turn red, and 3 more about to be ripe!
If you are interested in Earth Box planting, you can go to: http://www.josho.com/gardening.htm and download the instructions for making your own. I can't wait to try other vegetables. I understand that bell peppers do fabulously well.
Here are some pictures of my plants right now.
Because of our moderate climate, I have been able to grow tomatoes on my patio and have been overwhelmed with the success so far. A friend told me about Earth Boxes a while back so, I thought I'd give it a try. Sometime around the end of September, I made two boxes and planted two tomato plants in each. Right now I have over 3 dozen tomatoes in each box! We have had one tomato ripen on the vine, one that fell off the plant as I was staking turn red, and 3 more about to be ripe!
If you are interested in Earth Box planting, you can go to: http://www.josho.com/gardening.htm and download the instructions for making your own. I can't wait to try other vegetables. I understand that bell peppers do fabulously well.
Here are some pictures of my plants right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment